More than ever, it is critical that Latinos have a seat at the table at the institutions whose policies, funding, and direct services will impact the Latino community in the decades to come.
HIP’s Líderes Fellowship Program helps prepare mid-career Latinos working in philanthropy and nonprofits by gaining knowledge, learning new practices, and building relationships within a network that supports their ability to advance and thrive.
Through the fellowship, a diverse group of mid-career professionals from the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors—including indigenous, Afro, women, and LGBTQI Latinos—gain the knowledge, skills, and networks to thrive. The interactive program includes:
- An in-person orientation focused on building collective power through new professional relationships
- Learning sessions within communities of practice that build an understanding of systemic racism and support individual and collective agency in changing oppressive systems
- Access to seasoned social sector professionals as thought partners and coaches
- Creation of collaborative environments between potential funders and change-makers
- An in-person closing retreat to celebrate lessons learned and reaffirm relationships within the cohort
- An initiation into a national Latino leadership network
Through the program, Líderes gain an increased awareness about their role in transforming the social sector and next steps they can put into action right away. The program helps Líderes:
- Increase their agency to take action toward achieving personal goals and promoting equity within the sector
- Learn how to apply a micro-to-macro analysis of how to navigate and promote change within various systems
- Gain a network of deep, meaningful peer relationships nationally that foster alliance building and professional growth
- Develop their ability to take care of their physical, mental, and spiritual health
Who Should Apply
You are a good candidate for this one-of-a-kind leadership development opportunity if you are:
- An individual who wants to learn with and from your peers and seasoned field professionals…
- About how to navigate and transform the dynamics associated with policies, practices, and culture that are not aligned with the values of diversity, inclusion, and equity…
- In nonprofit and philanthropic systems.
- Mid-career Latino professionals working in the social sector, including philanthropy and nonprofits
- Líderes who have the courage to work in the intellectual and emotional complexity of the intersections in which we all live, including race, class, education, gender identity, ability, etc.
- Latinos who represent the beautiful diversity of our comunidad, including indigenous, Afro, women, and LGBTQI Latinos
What is Expected
The Líderes Fellowship Program is an interactive experience that kicks off with an orientation retreat followed by monthly virtual community of practice sessions. Líderes are given opportunities to deepen their learning and integrate practices between sessions. Líderes will develop learning plans and be given opportunities to grow as social sector professionals.
We are now accepting applications for the fellowship. The application and program timeline is as follows:
- Application deadline: January 31, 2020
- Announcement about acceptances: March 2020
- Program starts: April 2020
- Program ends: January 2021
Click the below link to access the application for the 2020 HIP Líderes Fellowship:
Feel free to email Stephanie Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP)
HIP is a transnational network of funders that makes impactful investments in the Latino community in the U.S. and across Latin America. HIP’s mission is to strengthen Latino leadership, equity, and voice.
Please Spread the Word!
If you know anyone who might be interested in the fellowship, please encourage them to apply! Feel free to post the message below:
Help build the next generation of Latino philanthropic leaders. HIP’s Líderes Fellowship empowers a new generation of Latinos to step into leadership positions in the public sector. Apply to be a #HipLideres today with @BeHipGive. hiponline.org/applications.