Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) is a transnational network of grantmakers committed to strengthening Latino communities across the Americas. HIP connects and convenes funders, nonprofits, researchers, and other leaders to identify emerging needs among Latinos as well as best practices for responsive and effective funding of social change. HIP pioneers new philanthropic models by leading collaborative initiatives and has provided grants and training to help build the capacity of more than 600 organizations and leaders.
In April 2014, HIP launched HIPGive.org , a first of its kind bilingual crowdfunding platform and digital hub for Latino social impact and philanthropy in the Americas.
- nonprofit organizations raise funds and gain unmatched visibility for their projects;
- individuals have access to relevant content and trends that inform their decisions to make smart and safe donations to transnational causes,
- and foundations and corporations have a space to show their support and multiply their impact in Latino communities.
Everything we do – from educating the sector to offering matching funds – is done with the aim of increasing the amount and frequency of investments that benefit Latinos.
Since April 2014, nearly $1 million USD has been invested in 230 projects from across 12 countries by 7,000 individuals on HIPGive, reaching more than 300,000 web visitors, and a social network audience of more than 30,000 individuals, organizations, and businesses interested in social impact initiatives serving Latino communities.
Through HIPGive’s most recent digital strategies, the platform will become the first content hub, including articles, videos, podcasts, and more about Latino social impact and philanthropy in the Americas. Our goal is to grow into the biggest digital community for champions of Latino social good and collectively bring our impact stories and voice to the forefront.
Operations Manager for HIP Give reports to the HIPGive Director and will be responsible for developing and maintaining processes, customer support, payment processing and general support across the U.S. and Latin America. This position can be based in Oakland, California or Mexico City, Mexico. The ideal candidate is a people-oriented, organized, and positive team player who is passionate about HIP’s mission, crowdfunding and about developing HIPGive as the leading donation crowdfunding platform and online community for social impact in the Americas across all sectors.
Create/utilize internal systems to create smooth processes for customer attention, payments and daily flow of the site. Analyze and track data-driven goals to inform business and product development strategies.
Be the customer-facing side of HIPGive. The Operations Manager will provide top-notch customer service and support via email and phone and will ensure that every grantee interacting with the site has the smoothest experience possible.
Oversee payment processing, disbursement and accuracy for the HIPGive payment system. As a high-traffic site receiving donations in multiple currencies, the Operations Manager will also analyze systems to continue to upgrade payment processes as the site evolves.
- 4+ years of client-facing experience in account management, operations or customer success in Mexico, Latin America and the U.S.
- Experience with technology product development, marketing, and sales.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire users and improve systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Experience managing multi-stakeholder and cross-sectoral initiatives.
- Proven track record of highly-professional customer service in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in tech industry, philanthropy, non-profits, social enterprise, or financial sector in general
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced nonprofit environment.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Passion for social impact in Latin America while fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Tech savvy. Applied professional expertise in MS Office and web-based platforms such as WordPress, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and various social media outlets.
- Familiarity with the crowdfunding sector in Mexico and Latin America preferred
Commensurate with experience, with possibility for growth based on performance results. HIP is committed to the professional development of all employees.
How to Apply
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for this role and organization, including your available start date and preferred salary range.
- Résumé / CV
- A paragraph in the body of the e-mail explaining one thing you find most unique and attractive
about HIPGive’s model and one thing you might change or add.
Be sure to include “Your name – HIPGive Operations Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, HIP will only contact candidates selected for an interview. Candidates whose applications do not complete the aforementioned requirements will not be considered.