HIP seeks a communications coordinator to help manage all aspects of communication for HIP and HIPGive.org, our online crowdfunding platform for Latinx nonprofits. The communications officer will work closely with the communications director to create and execute strategies to:
- Increase HIP’s visibility and synergies with philanthropies, corporate social responsibility representatives, and impact investors;
- Build community and raise awareness of issues affecting Latinx communities;
- Expand HIP’s audience (both reach and engagement) across its multiple outlets;
- Create and curate meaningful content for philanthropists and nonprofits that work with Latinx communities.
The full-time position can be based in Oakland, CA, New York, NY, or Washington, DC.
- Help manage HIP and HIPGive’s online presence, including websites, blogs, and social media accounts
- Compose and curate new and timely content related to developments in philanthropy, current events related to the Latinx community, and sector trends;
- Manage an aggressive timeline for content production and publication;
- Write blog posts, articles, newsletters, press releases, event invitations, web content, and material for social media channels
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for promoting HIP and HIP’s annual conference and gala
- Help develop, vet, and manage an inventory of Latinx giver/philanthropy stories;
- Use story archive to assist in the execution and marketing of the HIPGivers project, which showcases stories of Latinx givers in a variety of sectors
- Manage freelance writers and social media partners to create compelling, relevant content for HIP and HIPGive’s audiences
- Manage HIP and HIPGive’s editorial calendars
- Conduct outreach and build relationships with media partners
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A passion for Latinx issues and HIP’s mission
- Four + years of experience in a communications and/or marketing role, preferably at a nonprofit or foundation
- Experience creating content for a variety of platforms, including social media campaigns
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to create content for different audiences with different tones
- High standards for editorial quality, accuracy, relevance, and readability
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- A high degree of independence, creativity, and initiative
- Collaborative yet innovative thinker that enjoys working across teams, disciplines, and work environments
- Comfort working with remote offices
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Proficiency with MailChimp and WordPress
- Proficiency with social media platforms
- Graphic design skills
- Experience working on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion; experience working on these issues in the Latinx community a plus
Commensurate with experience, with possibility for growth based on performance results. HIP is committed to the professional development of all employees.
How to Apply
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Communications Coordinator”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for this role and organization, including your available start date
- Three writing samples that showcase your ability to write compelling content for different audiences, ideally including one blog post, one email newsletter, and one published op-ed or article
Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, HIP will only contact candidates selected for an interview. Candidates whose applications do not complete the aforementioned requirements will not be considered.