HIP seeks a part-time communications officer to manage all aspects of communication for HIP and HIPGive.org, our online crowdfunding platform for Latino nonprofits. The communications officer will work closely with the communications director to create and implement strategies to:
- Increase HIP’s visibility and synergies with philanthropies, corporate social responsibility representatives, and impact investors;
- Build community and raise awareness of issues affecting Latino communities;
- Create and curate meaningful content for philanthropists and nonprofits that work with Latino communities.
The position will be based in New York or Washington, D.C. and will be for 20 hours per week.
- Manage HIP and HIPGive’s online presence, including websites, blogs, and social media accounts
- Compose and curate new and timely content related to developments in philanthropy, current events related to the Latino community, and sector trends
- Write blog posts, articles, newsletters, press releases, event invitations, web content, and material for social media channels
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for promoting HIP’s annual conference and gala
- Manage the execution and marketing of the HIPGivers project, which showcases stories of Latino givers in a variety of sectors
- Manage freelance writers to create compelling, relevant content for HIP and HIPGive’s audiences
- Manage HIP and HIPGive’s editorial calendars
- Conduct outreach and build relationships with media partners
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A passion for Latino issues and HIP’s mission
- Four + years of experience in a communications and/or marketing role, preferably at a nonprofit or foundation
- Experience creating content for a variety of platforms, including social media
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to create content for different audiences with different tones
- High standards for editorial quality, accuracy, relevance, and readability
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- A high degree of independence, creativity, and initiative
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Proficiency with MailChimp and WordPress
- Graphic design skills
- Experience working on issues of diversity, particularly in the Latino community
Commensurate with experience, with possibility for growth based on performance results. HIP is committed to the professional development of all employees.
How to Apply
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Communications Officer”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for this role and organization, including your available start date
- Three writing samples that showcase your ability to write compelling content for different audiences, ideally including one blog post, one email newsletter, and one published op-ed or article
Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, HIP will only contact candidates selected for an interview. Candidates whose applications do not complete the aforementioned requirements will not be considered.