Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Reports to: HIPGive Program Manager
Position Type: 100% Full-time employee
HIP-LatinoAmerica A.C. is an affiliate of Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) a transnational network of grantmakers committed to strengthening Latino communities across the Americas. HIP-LatinoAmerica A.C. is based in Mexico City and works closely with HIP to connect and convene funders, nonprofits, researchers, and other leaders to identify emerging needs among Latinos as well as best practices for responsive and effective funding of social change. HIP pioneers new philanthropic models by leading collaborative initiatives and has provided grants and training to help build the capacity of more than 800 organizations and leaders. In 2014, HIP created HIPGive; the only bilingual crowdfunding platform serving Latino nonprofits in the U.S. and the Americas. Through HIPGive, organizations raise funds, gain unmatched visibility and get access to customized resources and tools for effective crowdfunding.
The HIPGive Marketing & Campaigns Coordinator will report directly to the HIPGive Program Manager and will be responsible for supporting the coordination of crowdfunding campaigns including support for participating nonprofits, marketing, individual donor support, and general platform administration. This position is based in Mexico City, Mexico. The ideal candidate is a proactive, creative, results-driven, flexible and positive team player who is passionate about HIP’s mission and is able to design creative solutions to work with different types of nonprofits across the Americas.
- Support nonprofits in the creation of their projects
- Continuous follow up with participating nonprofits from pre-campaign phase up until receiving their payment
- Support establishing relations with new nonprofits
- Carry out in-person and online trainings with nonprofits
- Track monthly metrics to determine efficiency and nonprofit satisfaction
- Support in the creation of campaigns
- Support in the creation of nonprofit materials
- Find new tools to improve communications and digital marketing skills with nonprofits
- Track donor metrics to determine satisfaction
- Improve data collection of donors metrics
- Ensure a timely and efficient payment process for all participating nonprofits; provide customer support for nonprofits
- Ad-hoc projects and duties as assigned
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English required
- Marketing or Administration background
- Superior communication (written and spoken) skills
- Storytelling skills
- Experience with client management
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector (preferable)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and provide quick response
- Require attention to detail
This position enjoys benefits that exceed Mexican labor law. HIP offers competitive salaries, professional development opportunities, and a generous benefits package.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
This position requires 5+ hours per day sitting, meeting, computer keying. Most work is completed in an office setting, and the ability to travel to meetings, trainings, networking events is required.
Hispanics in Philanthropy welcomes diverse team members and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Please email the following materials to HIPGiveCoordinator@hiponline.org Include your name and the title for this position (“Your name – HIPGive Marketing and Campaigns Coordinator”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for this role and organization, including your available start date (This can be in English or Spanish)
- 3 references available upon request during the application process
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with applications encouraged by November 29. Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, HIP will only contact candidates selected for an interview. Candidates whose applications do not complete the aforementioned requirements will not be considered.