Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) seeks a HIPGive Operations Fellow to assist in the development and management of HIP’s online crowdfunding platform for Latino communities, HIPGive.org. The ideal candidate is a people-oriented, organized, and positive team player who is passionate about HIP’s mission, crowdfunding, and developing HIPGive as the leading donation crowdfunding platform and online community for social impact in the Americas.
The HIPGive Operations Fellow will support the HIPGive Product Manager and other staff members with all aspects of the online giving platform, with a strong focus on customer support, communications, and project coordination.
Support internal systems and processes related to customer satisfaction, payments, and the daily flow and proper functionality of the website. Analyze and track data-driven goals to inform business and product development strategies.
Provide top-notch customer service and support via email and phone and ensure that every nonprofit and donor user has the smoothest experience possible.
HIPGive is a high-traffic site receiving donations in multiple currencies. The HIPGive fellow will assist with payment processing, disbursement, and accuracy for the HIPGive payment system.
Draft communication with HIPGive grantees (screening, training, and onboarding nonprofits for crowdfunding campaigns), provide ideas, and research content for marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent writing, research, and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of independence, creativity, and initiative
- A customer-service mindset
- Excellent proofreading skills, strong attention to detail
- Experience with technology and digital tools
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- A passion for Latino issues and for HIP’s mission
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Experience with customer service software such as Desk, Zendesk, Salesforce, or equivalent.
- Tech savvy. Experience in MS Office and web-based platforms such as WordPress, Google Analytics, and various social media outlets.
Fellowships have a preferred timeframe of approximately three months. We ask for a minimum commitment of 12 hours a week, but allow for flexible work hours to match fellow and staff needs. Fellowships may be extended on a case-by-case basis.
- Mentorship from seasoned philanthropic professionals in a supportive work environment
- Networking opportunities with the leading network of Latino professionals in philanthropy
- Three-year HIP membership, providing access to members-only services including HIP’s Job Bank
- Relevant training or conference stipends
- Flexible work schedule
Rolling deadline for applications
Fellowship duration: three months with beginning and end dates dependent upon when the applications are received.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (three-page max) as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.