HIP’s Power Building and Justice initiative centers the expertise and shared affirmative vision of community-based organizations and leaders to advance social justice. Together we will strive to cultivate prosperity and advocate for the liberation of Latinx and Indigenous, Black and People of Color (IBPOC) communities impacted by a legacy of structural and institutional colonization and racism. The Power Building and Justice grant will fund Latinx-led and IBPOC-led organizations across the South and Southwest doing movement building, civic education and activation of impacted residents, and developing justice-oriented policies and future leaders in highly Latinx populated or rapidly Latinx growing regions.
- Support Latinx-led and IBPOC-led organizations creating pathways for self, family and community through Leadership Development and Movement Building.
- Model how underserved and underrepresented highly Latinx populated or rapidly Latinx growing communities are engaging in civic life and are reflected in local, regional, and federal transformational Public Policy change.
- Nuture a cohort of traditionally underfunded and under-sourced Latinx and IBPOC-led organizations in the South and Southwest through a justice-centered approach, long-term funding strategy, and investment in capacity building.
- Southern & Southwest Focused Non-Profits
- AL, AR, AZ, GA, KY, LA, MI, NM, TE & TX
- Latinx or IBPOC Leadership (e.g Executive Director, President, CEO)
- Serving Socially & Economically Under-resourced Latinx Communities
- Up to $3 Million Organizational Budget
Priority given to
- Staff make-up predominantly Latinx and IBPOC
- Board make-up predominantly Latinx and IBPOC
- Opportunity for Transformation
- Dedication to working in rural communities
- Working in coalitions with other Latinx-led/IBPOC-led or serving organizations
- 3 years (2022-2025)
- Movement Building
- Leadership Development
- Civic Education & Engagement
- Policy Change
- 6-8 Sessions (12 month period)
- 1-2 Retreats (over 3 year term)
- 1 Yearly Check-In Call
- 1 Yearly Reporting Call
- Final Report: Written or Video
- RFP Released: February 1, 2022 @ 9am (EST)
- Webinar: February 15, 2022 @ 2pm (PST)
- Webinar: March 15, 2022 @ 2pm (PST)
- RFP Closed: March 3, 2022 @ 11:59pm (PST)
For more information contact
Bayoán Rosselló-Cornier, email@example.com
Phone: (415) 837-0427 ext. 2130